Did you know that you can automatically organize your incoming email messages? This can be done using email filters (some refer to these as "rules").
If you wish to do this, create your filter using the Google Web App. This filter will act on the email server rather than in a particular client. That way, the filter will be applied no matter which client you use. Another disadvantage of creating a filter in a client is that, when you have configured multiple accounts, some clients apply a filter to ALL the accounts. This can of course lead to undesirable results.
If you wish to create a filter that forwards certain email messages to another address, you should review the "Creating an Email Forwarding Filter" section below before you start.
To create a filter:
1. Log into the Google Web App and, in the gear icon drop-down menu, click Settings.
2. Select the Filters tab and click on Create a new filter.
3. Type the characteristic(s) of the messages you wish to filter (eg, messages from firstname.lastname@example.org). Click Create filter with this search.
4. For the messages having the chosen characteristic(s), select the action(s) to take (eg, apply the label Accounting and remove the label Inbox). Click Create filter.
5. You will then see the filter and its main features listed on the Filters tab in the Settings window.
6. To leave the Settings window and return to your email messages, click on your Inbox (upper left side of the window).
To create a filter (rule) in Connect/Google Apps that forwards only certain messages to another address, you must first add that forwarding address to Google Web Apps (GWA) and then create the filter. That address will then be available when creating forwarding filters in the future.
Add that address as a forwarding address:
1. Log into your Connect G Suite account and, in the gear icon drop-down menu, click Settings.
2. Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP and then click Add a forwarding address.
3. Type the address of the account to which messages will be forwarded and click Next.
4. To confirm that address, click Proceed.
5. Now you may create the filter. In the second dialog box (as in step 4 above) check the box next to Forward it to: and select the correct target address from the choose an address... drop-down menu. Click Create filter.
6. The filter and its main features are now listed on the Filters tab in the Settings window.