You can access your Connect Google Workspace account using Outlook 2016 and newer on a Mac by following the steps in this configuration guide.
1. Open Outlook. If this is your first time launching the program, you will see the screen below. Click Get Started.
Note: If you don't see this screen, proceed to step 3.
2. Press Start Using Outlook.
3. If this isn't your first time launching Outlook, click on the Tools menu and select Accounts.
4. Navigate to the bottom left hand corner and click the "+" to add an email account.
5. Enter your Connect account name (UCSBNetID@ucsb.edu) and click Continue.
6. Click Next
7. Click Sign in to Google
8. Enter your password and click Next.
9. Accept the terms stated below by pressing Allow.
10. It will prompt you to open Microsoft Outlook. To do so, press Open Microsoft Outlook.
11. It will let you know when your email has been set up. Just press Done and you are now ready to use your email on Outlook.
12. You should now see your Inbox as well as all of your other e-mail folders.
NOTE: If you use the Conversation view in your Inbox, you will see duplicates of messages marked Important. If you don't want to see duplicates, you can uncheck "Show in IMAP" for messages labeled "Important" in Google client using your browser. To do this:
13. Log into the Google Web App. Click the "gear" icon drop-down, click Settings -> See all settings.
14. Click on the Labels tab and uncheck Show in IMAP for Important. After you have unchecked the box you may close the Google Web App window.