You can access your Connect G Suite account using Outlook 2011-2016 on a Mac by following the steps in this configuration guide. IMPORTANT: You can access your G Suite email, but NOT your contacts or calendar, using Outlook 2011.
1. Open Outlook. If this is your first time launching the program, you will see the screen below. Click Get Started. If you don't see this screen, proceed to step 4.
2. Press Start Using Outlook.
3.Click Add Others.
4. If this isn't your first time launching Outlook, click on the Tools menu and select Accounts.
5. Navigate to the bottom left hand corner and click the "+" to add an email account.
6. Enter you desired email and press Continue.
7. Press Continue.
8. Accept the terms stated below by pressing Allow.
9. It will prompt you to open Microsoft Outlook. To do so, press Open Microsoft Outlook.
10. It will let you know when your email has been set up. Just press Done and you are now ready to use your email on Outlook.
11. You should now see your Inbox as well as all of your other e-mail folders.
NOTE: If you use the Conversation view in your Inbox, you will see duplicates of messages marked Important. If you don't want to see duplicates, you can uncheck "Show in IMAP" for messages labelled "Important" in GWA. To do this:
12. Log into the Google Web App and in the "gear" icon drop-down, click Settings.
13. Click on the Labels tab and uncheck Show in IMAP for Important. After you have unchecked the box you may close the Google Web App window.