Connect Google Workspace has a web-based client that allows access to all of the features of Connect: e-mail, contacts, and calendar. This is the recommended client and is accessible via any browser, but preferably Chrome.
- Point your browser to mail.google.com to sign into your Google Workspace account.
- For the Email field, make sure to enter UCSBnetID@ucsb.edu.
- If you have activated two-step verification ("2SV") on your account, you will also need to enter the verification code about every 14 days. For more information on 2SV, go here.
- Enter your password, and click Next.
- By default it brings you to your Inbox
- For other apps, such as Drive, Groups, Docs etc., click on the Apps icon.
This will open each app on a new tab in your browser.
- You can configure your signature and other options by clicking on the Gear icon
and select Settings. Under the General tab, scroll down to the Signature: section and enter the text you would like at the bottom of each outgoing message. A few sections below that is the Vacation responder: section where you can enable an auto-reply for times that you are out of the office. If you make any changes, be sure to scroll down and Save changes.
- In Settings, under the Labels tab and then under System labels, make sure that Show in IMAP is checked for All Mail. If you will use a desktop client as well as GWA, please refer to the FAQ, "What are the ramifications of using both the Google web app and a desktop client to access Connect/Google Apps?"