You can add a Connect Google Workspace account to Outlook 2019 using an IMAP connection. This will provide email, but not Contacts or Calendar. To find the setup procedure for typical Outlook with Contacts and Calendar, please go to Connect Google Workspace.
To use Outlook/IMAP, check that IMAP is turned on:
- On your computer, log into the Google Web App (ie.mail.google.com).
- In the top right, click the gear icon ("Settings") and click All Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- In the "IMAP Access" section, select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
1. Log into Outlook and click on “Add Account” from the File Menu and enter the account address. Click Connect. Outlook 2019 will automatically use IMAP to create the account.
2. Use your UCSB Connect email account (UCSBNetID@ucsb.edu) to sign in to Google when prompted to do so.
3. Click Next and enter the password associated with your UCSBNetID.
4. Press the "Allow" button to allow access (scroll down).
5. At the "Account Set up is Complete" screen, click OK. Your account is set up. It may take some time to pull in all messages from the server.
6. With Outlook open, click File -> Account Settings/Account Settings.
Double click the account name you want to see.
7. Click More Settings for additional information, including port and connection settings.
8. Click the Advanced tab for port information