If you use the Google Web App for email you can enable a Calendar Widget to see upcoming events on the same page as your email. Here are the steps to take to enable this feature:
- Log into Google Web App, click on the Gear/Settings Icon and select Settings from the list
- Click on the Labs tab
- Scroll down to, or search for Google Calendar gadget. Click the Enable button.
- At the very bottom of the page, click Save Changes
- At the lower-left corner of your folder list, click the three dots (...) to reveal the Calendar Gadget
- That's it. Now you can see upcoming events.