Note: This guide assumes that you already have an O365 account set up and configured in Microsoft Outlook (2010 or newer).
- Navigate to the following site and click the Download Google Apps Sync button at the top right of the page.
- Launch the downloaded file and when prompted, enter your UCSBnetID@ucsb.edu (also check the Remember me box). Click Continue.
- Click Continue again.
- Your default web browser should launch automatically. Please login using your UCSBnetID@ucsb.edu and UCSBnetID Password.
- If on the following page you are prompted to add additional security (i.e. an alternate email address or phone number), click the Skip link near the bottom of the page.
- On the Request for Permission page, click Accept.
- Switching away from the browser, if Google Apps Sync does not launch automatically, click Set up a Google Apps Sync user program (generally found under the Start menu).
- Click the Import data from an existing profile box. Be sure to uncheck "Email messages".
Note: Deleted messages and Junk email will auto-deselect.
- Click Create Profile. After the status bars show processing is finished, click OK, then click Done.
- Click Start Microsoft Outlook.
Existing events in the Calendar migrate.
Your personal contacts migrate.
Additional Contact lists may be created but can be removed (right-click, Delete Folder).
Note: Do not delete Contacts or Suggested Contacts- these are auto-created by Outlook and not the Google Migration Tool.