About Connect Groups Mailing Lists
- The Connect Groups Mailing List service is part of the Connect Messaging and Collaboration app suite and is powered by Google Groups.
- The service provides the ability to send a message to a single email address and have it distributed to all members of the Group.
- This service is available at no cost to any current Connect account holder.
Connect Group Roles
Connect Groups Mailing Lists define several different roles that individuals may fill:
- Have the authority to edit the configuration and membership of a Group. The Group Owners are typically assigned upon creation of a Group, but managers can be added/changed/removed by the Group Managers.
- Have the authority to approve or deny (moderated) incoming messages. This is an optional feature of the Group.
- Individuals who will receive the messages posted to a Group of which they are a member.
- Group members can be designated by the Group Manager or membership can be requested by an individual.
Creating a New Connect Groups Mailing List
To create a new Google Group, see the Google Group section of Using the Connect Admin Portal.